Module 1 – Introduction
- Introduction about process Industry and EPC (Engineering, Procurement, Construction) industry.
- List of Equipment’s used in Industries, their introduction, applications.
- Relevant Codes and Standards used in Industry
Module 2 – Material Technology related to Pressure Vessel Design and Engineering
- Basics on Material Technology related to Pressure Vessel Design.
- Stress strain Diagrams, Types of Materials, Commonly used carbon steels, Stainless steels, Low and High alloy steels, ASM Code properties for different materials and Engineering properties related to materials.
- Factors governing choice of materials, criteria for material selection for process equipment.
- Materials for Different temperature requirements (High and Low Temperature), NACE requirements, Hydrogen Requirements, Petrochemical Requirements, Sour gas service requirements cryogenic services.
- Types of Gaskets , Gasket material selection , Role of gaskets in Pressure Vessel Design
Module 3 – ASME Codes and its relation to Pressure Vessel Design
- Introduction of Various Standards of Different Consulting and Engineering Companies
- Codes related to Pressure Vessels & Process Equipment’s, (ASME Sec.VIII Div.1-Latest issue, ASME Sec II, TEMA and API 650 etc.)
- Code philosophy understanding requirements of codes.- ie conditions/clauses governing pressure vessel design under ASME Sec VIII Div 1.
- Pressure vessel categories & code rules for design of Pressure Vessel Design.
Module 4 – Mechanical Design of Pressure Vessels
- Design and Analysis of Pressure Vessels & Component & Coded
- Design of Pressure Vessels (ASME Section VIII Division 1).
- Internal and External Pressure Design, Design of cylindrical vessels, various types of dished heads, flat heads.
- Design of Jacketed vessels, Limpet Coils, Horizontal equipment’s with saddle support.
- Various Types of Supports & Attachments: Leg, Skirt, Bracket Supports.
- Lifting attachments, Design of Anchor Bolts, Safe Loads for Ropes and Chains.
- Nozzle openings and reinforcements, Nozzle Local Load Analysis.
- Welded joints, Butt welded joints of unequal Thicknesses, Application of Welding Symbols.
- Role of MAP, MAWP, Design Pressure, Design Temperatures, Allowable Stresses, Corrosion Allowance and Loadings as per ASME in Pressure Vessel Design.
- Impact Testing, PWHT along with heating rates and cooling rates, Hydro test pressure, Stamping of Vessels.
Module 5 – Pressure Vessel/Column/Reactor Design Calculation: (ASME SEC VIII, DIV.1)
- Maximum Allowable Stress Values ( UG-23)
- Shell Design for Internal Pressure ( UG-16, UG-27,Appendix 1-2)
- Dished End Design For Internal Pressure ( UG-32)
- Shell Design for External Pressure (UG-28, UG-29,UG-30)
- Dished End Design For External Pressure ( UG-33)
- Hydro test Pressure/Pneumatic Test ( UG-99,UG-100)
- Wind Load ( IS-875, Pt-3)
- Seismic Load ( IS-1893, Pt-1 & 4)
- Combined Loading Effect
- Conical & Toriconical Section Analysis (UG-32,33, Appendix 1-5 & 1-8)
- Weight Calculation
- Opening ( Nozzles) ( UG-36 ~ UG-45)
- Local Load ( WRC 107 & 297)
- MDMT & Impact Test Enigma ( UCS-66)
- Lifting & Tailing Lug analysis
- Support Analysis ( Skirt, Leg, Saddle ,Lug ) & Anchor Bolt Design
- Joint Efficiency, MAWP, MAP, SR of DE for Forming Operation
- PWHT (UCS-56).
- Types of Gaskets, Gasket material selection, Role of gaskets in Pressure Vessel Design.
- Mechanical Design of Non Standard Flanges as per Appendix 2 .
- Mechanical Design of Jacketed Vessels and Limpet Coils.
Module 6 – Fabrication of Pressure Vessels
- Plate rolling, Plate Bending, Welding methodologies (STAW, GTAW, GMAW, SMAW) , welding symbols , fabrication sequences , fabrication schedules, plate forming, cutting etc.
- Hydro testing of pressure vessels, pneumatic testing of pressure vessels.
- Painting and coating for corrosion protection, surface preparation, pickling & passivation of process equipment’s.
Module 7 – Column & Tower Internals
- Types of Internals
- Functions of Internals
- Process aspect of these internals
- Specialized manufacturers of internals.
- Scope and design of the internals
Module 8 – Design & Analysis of Heat Exchangers
- Heat Exchanger Types, Classifications , TEMA types, classifications,
- Design of Shell, Channel, Shell Bonnet, Channel Cover, Selection of Girth Flanges.
- Limitations in the use of heat exchangers.
- Components of Heat Exchangers
- Design aspects in the design of Heat Exchangers.
- Tube sheet Design: Fixed Tube sheet, Floating Tube sheet , U – Tube sheet
- Design of tube sheet as per TEMA as per Bending and Shear Loading.
- Limiting cases in the design of heat exchangers.
- Testing of Heat Exchangers
Introduction to the following types of heat exchangers:
- Plate Heat Exchangers
Module 9 – Detail Engineering Aspects of Process Equipment’s
- Understanding the BASIC ENGINEERING PACKAGE, Tender requirements of Clients, Engineering Design Basis, Understanding the Client and Project requirements, Issues co agreed between client and the Consultant.
- Preparation of Technical Specifications: Process Data Sheets and Mechanical Data Sheets.
- Information flow between Process and Mechanical and other relevant data required to prepare the Technical Specification.
- Understanding the scope of supply between mechanical, civil& process.
- Enquiry Stage design , drawings and other relevant calculations
- Preparation of General Arrangement Drawings & Fabrication Drawings of Process Equipment’s.
- Evaluation of Vendor Offers, Preparation of Technical Queries, Technical Bid Evaluation, Technical Recommendation to be given to the Client.